- The Collective is the total sum of the monies contributed by all of the friends and family who choose to participate. These funds are pooled to collectively send meals and supplies to the Recipient.
- Immediate family of the Departed; defined as spouse, children, siblings, parents.
- Friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers, community members, etc., who send something or contribute to the Collective.
- The family or person receiving this kindness.
- Shiva is the seven day period of mourning for the Jewish people. It is an emotionally and spiritually healing time where the mourners sit low, dwell together, and friends and loved ones come to comfort them with short visits referred to as "Shiva Calls". Some families choose to end shiva
- Kosher Style: Foods follow traditional guidelines, but are not certified Kosher. Foods contain no shellfish or pork, dairy and meat items are not mixed. Meats are not certified kosher.
- Vegetarian/ Dairy/ Fish: Kosher by default; no meat or shellfish.
- Kosher: All packaged items are certified by nationally accepted accrediting agencies. Prepared foods contain all Kosher ingredients and Kosher meats. Preparation is not supervised.
- Glatt Kosher: All packaged items are certified by nationally accepted accrediting agencies. Prepared foods contain all Kosher ingredients, prepared in a supervised Glatt Kosher kitchen.